Saturday, March 3, 2012

Hello! I've been super busy this past week with classes and praxis but today Teresa and I got to go swimming at Kyla's grandmother's house again! It was so beautiful and relaxing and nice to get away from the noisy city for an afternoon. Also I had the first hot shower I've had in 6 weeks! I've never appreciated a shower so much.... Then I went to Kyla's little cousin's ballet recital! It was really entertaining and well prepared and very similar to recitals in the United States. The only point that reminded me that I was in the Philippines was when we all rose at the beginning of the performance to sing the Philippines' national anthem. After the show Kyla and I met up with our other friends at Eastwood. Its this outdoor mall-ish place with lots of lights and restaurants and bars. Tomorrow I'm running a 5K for the school I'm studying at here and then going to visit the US airbase on Monday. I'll be in immersion next week in a fishing village south of Manila but I hope to take a lot of pictures to share my experience with all of you when I get back!

No comments:

Post a Comment