Saturday, March 10, 2012

Barangay Uno, Calatagan, Batangas

I just got to spend the week on one of the most beautiful places on earth with the most hospitable, generous, and welcoming people I have ever met. I really feel so lucky so have been able to experience this week away from Manila in Calatagan and fish and plant mangroves and spend time with the people of Barangay Uno.  Its impossible to explain all of the things we did and people we met so I'll tell you all more about it when I get home but for now here are some pictures. Hopefully they will give you a glimpse into the beauty of this place and its people. 

"I cannot cause light; the most I can do is try to put myself in the path of its beam" -Annie Dillard

The island where we spent a large part of our time during our stay in Calatagan. 

Planting mangroves


CASA!


Basketball with the community

Heading out to fish




My wonderful host family


"Launch into the deep and you shall see" - Jacques Ellul

1 comment:

  1. This is really great! I hope you will enjoy your stay in our country! :-)

    ReplyDelete