Sunday, February 26, 2012

Mt. Pinatubo


So we've done a lot since I last posted but I just wanted to update you all with some new pictures from my trip to Mt. Pinatubo Volcano today! We had to wake up a 4am which was understandably really hard for me but we got to sleep in the car. When we got there we had to take jeeps for about an hour across this ashy mountain surface (kind of like how I would picture the moon) and then we started the 2 hour hike at about 930 and were up at the Crater Lake before noon. It was so worth it to get up early once we got to the top of the Volcano and saw the beautiful lake. Hopefully you can see what I mean through the pictures. We got to swim out all the way to the middle and just float there. It was so peaceful and relaxing after such a busy morning! 



View from the jeep

This was the jeep in from of ours. It was pretty rough terrain. 

The start of the trail!

Ray me Jill and Conor at the top!


Christina Teresa Me and Kyla after swimming


No comments:

Post a Comment