Thursday, May 3, 2012

Fiesta time!

Its fiesta time! All of the Barangay's (neighborhoods) have their own big fiesta. They have a huge party for the whole neighborhood with tons of food, music, dancing, videoke and lots of shots of rum. Don't worry we're not allowed to participate in the rum part but I've been to two so far and they are so much fun. We went back to the fishing village in Calatagan this weekend for their fiesta and then went to the one in our Barangay on Tuesday. I'm starting our ballet dance with the girls in Sitio Payong in preparation to perform at their fiesta next week.

Reunited with my host family and their extended family during the fiesta in Calatagan!
This is Dawn who I got really close to last time. She is the same age as me and can speak pretty good  English and this is her daughter MiKyla who will be one this month!

Fiesta banner for our neighborhood Barangka!

I made some chocolate rice crispy treats with m&ms on them that these guys are enjoying.

Filipinos are really into Kareoke and performing so these are some of the girls in our neighborhood performing a song.  


Stretching before ballet at Sitio Payong!

Fifth position getting ready to start the dance. 

Some of my ballet students!


Little ballerinas! 

No comments:

Post a Comment