Thursday, April 26, 2012

And He said to them, "Come away by yourselves to a secluded place and rest a while." Mark 6:31

So we went on a silent retreat the past weekend which was basically just like going on vacation by yourself which is actually really relaxing. It was in this really beautiful place on a lake right outside of Manila. You can see the city in the background of some of the sunset pictures. All weekend I just laid by the pool and read and ate and watched the sunset. Definitely a nice break from Manila and praxis and school. Its so incredibly hot in Manila right now. Its almost 100 EVERY SINGLE DAY. I'm just constantly sweaty so it  was nice to go to a place with a breeze and have rooms with AC. May is supposed to be the hottest month here so I'll definitely be ready to get back to New Hampshire in 4 weeks!


The sunset was so amazing the first night we were there.



This is the chapel that we had mass at over the weekend. Definitely made church way more enjoyable.

Pool!

You can see Manila to the right of the sun. 


We all really missed being loud so when we got back we had a really long loud dance party.

Some of the girls in our neighborhood were showing us the dance they made up to Super Base.


And here's a couple photos from my day at praxis yesterday. The kids are so cute and we've been able to spend a lot more time with them recently. I'm teaching a ballet class to some of the girls a few times a week and they are so cute! I think I'm going to make up a dance to teach them so they can perform at their Fiesta in a couple weeks. They're so excited about it and really serious about practicing. It makes me so happy to be able to dance again and share it with all these beautiful kids!

Maryann giving me a big hug. 

Practicing first position and plies! 






“Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?” 
-Mary Oliver

No comments:

Post a Comment